Almost everyone is used to eating spaghetti with meat sauce, and spaghetti carbonara. There are other spaghetti recipes out there that are just as tasty, which you can add to your restaurant’s menu. Here is one that is vegetarian, which is just as tasty and rather addictive.
- 500 grams Pasta Italiana Spaghetti
- 1 can Contadina Stewed Tomatoes with Italian herbs
- 1 can sliced mushrooms
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dry basil flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped (or 1 teaspoon onion powder)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Make sure that it is al dente when cooked.
- In a skillet or wok, saute the spices and the mushrooms in the olive oil. Cook until aromatic and the mushrooms are slightly brown.
- Add in the stewed tomatoes and cook for a few minutes, crushing the bigger chunks of tomatoes as you stir.
- Let this simmer for a few minutes on low, then add in the tomato paste. Stir to incorporate. Dilute with a little bit of pasta water if necessary. Season to taste.
- Let the mixture simmer for a few more minutes, then add in the cooked pasta.
- Sprinkle the top with shredded parmesan, stir to incorporate and remove from heat.
- Serve with a sprinkling of grated parmesan on top, garlic toast, and decorate with a fresh basil leaf.