- 1 kilo chicken wings
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Mix together all of the ingredients, except for the sesame seeds. Let marinate for an hour.
- Place in a heavy bottomed saucepan, add half a cup of water, and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the liquid and place the drained chicken onto a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Let the chicken air dry while you preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Let the liquid in the saucepan reduce further until you get a thick, syrupy sauce. Set aside.
- Place your chicken wings in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the skin is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and brush the sauce over the chicken. Return to the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven when cooked and sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.